To attract more and more international students, the government of the United Kingdom (UK) has recently announced a new 2-year post-study – work permit in the UK from next year. Under the new rules, students from all around the world including India would be allowed to stay back for 2 years to work or search for work after completing their education. After 2 years, they would switch onto the other skilled work visa if they got a job that meets their skills set and educational background.
Some more details of the post-study work permit in the UK has been explained here:
- This work permit has been announced by Boris Johnson’s government that will allow Indian as well as other students to stay back in the UK for 2 years to find a suitable job after completing their education. At present, there is a huge number of students are pursuing bachelor’s as well as master’s degrees and they can also contact their universities or other concerned departments to know whether they can avail of any benefit from this rule or not.
- It is projected that the students going to UK universities/colleges in the 2020-2021 intake will be eligible to get the benefits of this post-study work visa. As per some reports, around 4.5 lakh international students are studying in the country. The government wants to take this number to 6 lakh with this initiative.
- The director of British Council India (North) – Tom Birtwistle said that the new graduate immigration routes will support the ambitions of Indian students who want to study and work in the UK. With this extended work permit, students will have a great chance to take their career on another level of success.
- The post-study work visa will be 2 years long and will be a separate one, requiring a completely new application along with payment of visa fees and immigration health surcharge as per the new norms. This new route is non-extendable. However, the route to settlement will be there if graduates find appropriate job options and able to switch onto other skilled work.
- Students who complete their studies and whose leaves expire before the introduction of this route will not be able to get any benefit of this extended post-study work permit.
To know more about the latest post-study work permit in the UK, you can get in touch with AEC. We will explain everything related to this new route. We will also help you find the best and popular universities/colleges, courses, admission process, visa process, etc. in the UK as well in other countries like Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, etc.