Canada is a popular study abroad destination among international students. Things that make Canada one of the best yet coolest destinations for students include – post-study work visas, easy settlement options, high-quality education, plenty of course options, mesmerizing natural beauty, etc. But this would be possible when you will have a study visa. So, now the question is – how to get it?
Just put some efforts, take guidance from our experts, and follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Get the acceptance or offer letter from your selected university or college
First and foremost, get the acceptance cum offer letter from your chosen Canadian university or college. Here you can easily find and choose affordable options to study further. You can choose pathway programs for easy and hassle-free entry to Canadian colleges.
Step 2: Get in touch with experts to apply for a Canadian student visa or do it yourself
Once you get the acceptance letter from your preferred Canadian university or college, contact study abroad consultants like AEC to apply for a student visa (known as student permit in Canada). Since we are in the digital age, you can do it yourself by visiting the official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada or CIC. However, it is good to contact us for this work as we have over 97% of the visa success rate. Our dedicated career counselors will help you get your student visa in a short time. They are aware of the documents needed for the process. You will just need to submit those documents to them and they will do everything for you.
Step 3: Get all essential documents to make the process smoother, easier, and faster
While applying through us, you will need to provide us with the following documents to speed up the visa filing process:
- Duly filled student visa application form
- Letter of acceptance from your preferred university
- Travel documents and valid passport
- Recent photographs
- A medical certificate
- A letter of explanation
- Funds proof
- Study permit fees proof
This is just an indicative list of documents. You can contact us to know detailed information about the same.
Step 4: Focus on your English proficiency
The universities and colleges in Canada may ask you to provide proof of your English proficiency. Hence, you need to take the exams like IELTS, TOELF, etc. depending on the university’s admission criteria. You might also be asked to attend the interview at your local visa application center. So, it is extremely important to work on your English skills to improve your chances.
Step 5: Clear other doubts before moving further
Students often ask about the backlogs and age limits while applying for the Canadian student visa. Let us clear these points. If you got the acceptance letter from your university or college, then your backlogs will not matter for the visa officers. On the other hand, there is no specified age limit to get a study visa.
Step 6. Collect as much as information about the validity of the student visa
This is yet another doubt many students have. The validity of your study visa depends on the length or duration of your degree program. For instance, if the degree program’s duration is more than 2 years, then you may get a stay back for 3 years. And yes, you can find and work in Canada with your visa and explore the options available for getting the permanent residency.
Why Choose Canada as Your Study Abroad Destination?
Well! There are so many reasons for choosing Canada as a study abroad destination. Some of them have been explained below:
- While studying at a Canadian university or college, you will be eligible to get the post-study work permit for up to 3 years
- While studying, you can make little efforts to qualify for the permanent residency after the post-work permit
- Various options in Canada available that offer pocket-friendly but high-quality teaching to all students
- The degrees, as well as diplomas offered by the Canadian universities and colleges, are recognized globally
- With high-quality education, you can also enjoy a quality life
- While studying, you will have the chance to develop or brush up your English as well as French language skills to boost your employability
Most Popular Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Canada
Canada is known for providing courses in a wide range of fields including the ones listed below:
- Information Systems Security
- Electromechanical Engineering
- System Analyst
- Mechanical Engineering
- Interactive Media Management
- Internet Communications Technology
- International Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Analysis and Process Management
- Data Science
- Computer Engineering
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Event Management – Event and Exhibit Design
- Game Art and Animation
- 3D Animation
- Visual Effects for Film and Television
Have more questions about how to get a study visa for Canada? Want to know more about universities and colleges in Canada? Need details on admission and application process? No matter what and how many questions you have, our dedicated team of professionals will be there to assist you with appropriate solutions. They are always there to help you find the best options available as per your previous education and work experience, skills, interest area, and career objectives.