How to Get Admission to Foreign University for Post-Graduation?
Is studying abroad for Post-Graduation on your mind, but you’re not sure about how to get admission in Foreign University? In the current global economy, a large number of students choose to get admission in Foreign University for Post-Graduation. Getting a Postgraduate degree from a Foreign University opens up a vast career opportunity for you. However, getting admission might be a bit of a difficult process. So! Nothing to worry about! This is our detailed & easy-to-follow blog post guiding you on How to Get Admission in Foreign University for Post-Graduation. This will make your Study Abroad journey for Post-Graduation smoother. Let’s dive right now!
Why Should You Study Abroad?
- Learn to face challenges
- Immerse yourself in a different culture
- High-Quality Education
- Learn a foreign language
- Broaden your Career Prospects
- Opportunity to meet new people
- International Travel opportunities
- Become Self-reliant
Foreign Universities for Post-Graduation – Advantages
- A Postgraduate degree is cheaper than Undergraduate degree
- More clarity about Career goals than before
- Get qualified for responsible positions in the corporate world
- Helps you expand your professional network
- High demand in the employment market
Foreign Universities for Post-Graduation – Admission Tips
- Where to Study Post-Graduation Abroad?
You must shortlist a country where you want to pursue your Post-Graduation. Always consider your requirements, finances, & weather conditions before choosing a country for Post-Graduation.
- Which University to choose?
After selecting the country to study, the next step is to research & choose the university based on the location and the choice of the course. Then start filling out the application form, writing your SOPs & LORs, & preparing your CVs & Resumes
- Which Program to apply for?
Always choose the Program or course after considering factors like your career interest, what you are looking to pursue in your career, & the market prospect of the course. It is very important to gather as much information regarding the course you’ll pursue at the post-graduation.
- Start Building your profile before you graduate
Start building your profiles in pre-final years with extra-curricular activities, research work & portfolios
- Take the necessary exams & dates
Appear for the necessary GRE/GMAT standardized tests and English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL) test scores.
- Apply through University portal or individually at the university
You can apply online at the university’s portal such as UCAS or directly at the universities.
- Essential documents should be attached and submitted with the application
All essential documents such as CVs, LORs, SOPs, Academic marksheets, & Identity documents should be submitted with the application.
How to Get Admission in Foreign University for Post-Graduation – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria may vary for each university, course, & university. However, the basic eligibility criteria remain the same:
- Undergraduate degree – Bachelor’s degree (4-years duration/3-years duration), diploma, or an equivalent certificate from a recognized university/institute.
- English Language Proficiency Tests – If you are an applicant belonging to non-native English-speaking nation, then to get admission in foreign university for post-graduation, you have to appear for IELTS/TOEFL.
- GMAT/GRE – Some post-graduation courses such as MBA may require you to appear for GMAT/GRE to assess your reasoning & analytical ability.
- Work Experience – Some post-graduation courses may also need a Professional work experience to show.
- Academic mark sheets from school to college
- GRE/GMAT Test scores certificates
- English language proficiency tests (IELTS/TOEFL) certificates
- Work Experience
- Passport photocopy
- Portfolios (for design & architecture students)
- Fill online the Application form
- Pay the application fee online and keep the receipt
- Submit all the relevant documents & certificates (online/by post)
- Proofread your application form before submission
- Upload all the documents
Interview- If you are short-listed for admission for post-graduation, then they can fix a video interview with you. In a video interview, they can ask common questions like why did you choose this course, why that particular university, & what are your interests & hobbies? The interview is a wonderful chance to impress the faculty and force them to give you admission. Be natural, confident, maintain eye contact with the interviewers, & remain calm.
Letter of Acceptance- After you’ve received a Letter of Acceptance from the Foreign University, now’s it’s time to apply for a student visa. Apply as soon as a possible.
Student Visa- Documents required for a Student Visa
- Letter of Acceptance from a recognised university
- Residence permit applications
- English language proof certification
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Vaccination results
- Proof of enough funds to finance your studies
Foreign Universities for Post-Graduation – Types of Standardized Tests
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)- This Admission test is of 3 hours 7 minutes duration and mainly is held to target business school applicants. These test scores are valid for a duration of 5 years. The score required depends on the business schools where you are applying for. However, if you are aiming to get admission in Foreign University for a Post-Graduation MBA, the minimum score required is between 610-650. At least three months of committed study is required to score high on GMAT.
- GRE (Graduate Report Examination)- This exam is mainly conducted for graduate-level students. The GRE exam is of 3 hours 45 minutes duration, and the scores are valid for a period of 5 years. An ideal score of 320 and above is considered for admission to top post-graduate courses.
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)- This is a standardized test which assesses the mathematical, reading, & writing ability of a candidate. SAT test is of 3 hours long duration test. Also includes an optional essay section of 50 minutes. A minimum of 1000 marks is considered as decent for getting admission into top universities.
Best Post-Graduation Courses to study in a Foreign University
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Engineering & Technology
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBAs)
- Masters in Management & Leadership
- Masters in Health Sciences
- Masters in Psychology
- Masters in International Relations
- Masters in Health Sciences
- Masters in Biology
Best Nations for Post-Graduation Courses
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
More & more students from India are preferring to study in Foreign Universities for Post-Graduation. Getting a specialized post-graduate degree from a reputed foreign university is a wise career decision. You get access to high quality education & competitive advantage in the job market. But finding a suitable foreign university can seem like a complicated task. We hope that the above write-up might have solved all your queries on how to get admission in foreign university for post-graduation. If you have found this blog post useful, please like and share our blog! Leave a comment!