Study abroad planning is always incomplete without the IELTS exam. All the international organizations and universities have mandated a specific IELTS score to grant permission to study or work with them. IELTS was launched in 1980, and since then, it has been the pinnacle of English skill tests. It tests candidates’ speaking, reading, writing, and listening. The test has been categorized as one that requires a lot of hard work and dedication. But, you do not have to join specialized classes to work hard on IELTS.
With simple strategies and planned preparation, you can crack IELTS from the comfort of your home. AEC Overseas, the best overseas education consultants in Delhi, India, is here to tell you how you can ace all four aspects of the IELTS test by working hard from home.
Tips to Prepare IELTS from Home
- IELTS Reading Test
IELTS Reading is hard for those who go blindly into the test. You must know the meaning of sentence and word before you appear in an IELTS reading test. While preparing, you can take the meaning of difficult words from the internet or search them in the dictionary.
IELTS preparation at home will be filled with mistakes, but it is up to you to correct them and not repeat the same mistakes. These simple tips will help you score better on the IELTS reading test:
- Skim and scan to formulate a productive habit to swiftly get the zest of text.
- Mark the keywords in the reading test to make them the centre of attention in the text.
- Thoroughly read the newspaper daily.4. Listen to the news regularly to improve your understanding skills.
- IELTS Listening Test
Multitasking is what will get you through the IELTS listening test. The recording in the IELTS listening test is only played once, and it is up to you to listen to the test, make notes and get the answers correctly. All these tasks must be performed simultaneously with pure focus to score the best in this test.
Regular practice of listening tests will make your listening skill top-notch. With it, you can easily pick out the correct option from the recording. You must know that the speed of recordings increases with the test level. Thus, it becomes essential to have your entire focus on the recording.
There might be chances that you will miss the answers while listening to recordings. You must not lose focus from the recording and mark the answer which you think is correct. There is no negative marking, so going with your instincts can fetch you marks. On the other side, thinking about the missed question and not moving on will make you lose focus for the entire test duration.
- IELTS Writing Test
Writing, writing, and more writing – This is how you secured the top band score on the IELTS writing test. If you practice hard and get going with one IELTS writing daily, you will be many folds ahead of your competitors. With the following simple tips, you will have a solid grip over the test:
- Practice the word limit: Ensure you are always within the specified word limit while taking the IELTS online test.
- Work on test 2 more rigorously: IELTS writing test 2 takes more time than IELTS witting test 1. So, more practice has to be invested in test 2 to ensure you don’t leave any questions behind.
- Speed is nothing without accuracy: Always remember that the combination of speed and accuracy is the right way for better preparation.4. Analyze then write: Analyze the question before writing the answers. This way, you could cover all the points written in the task.
- IELTS Speaking Test
IELTS speaking test is all about testing fluency and pronunciation. You have to practice daily. Please use cue cards to make your speaking skills better. Only with daily practice and constant improvisation will you pass the IELTS speaking test with flying colours. Additionally, the following tips will help you score better:
- Answer the questions loud and clear: Do not be too humble while answering the question. Your tone should be formal, loud enough for everyone to hear, and clearly pronounced words.
- Record, listen and improvise: Record your daily speaking test and listen to it like an examiner. Do not be biased when listening. Point out the mistakes, work on them and improvise your speaking skills one test at a time.
- Listen to English news or series: Find some good English news and series dealing with polite and sophisticated characters. Notice how they deliver the English content on the camera and adapt to their speaking. Do not try to sound like a native because it will ruin your whole personality.
When you prepare for IELTS at home, an honest and dedicated preparation can help you crack the exam and score excellent band scores. IELTS preparation will familiarize your mind with the test environment and pattern for better understanding. It will also show you areas of improvement and will surely make you score better. Implementing foresaid tips for IELTS test preparation will enhance your performance and unlock opportunities like none other.
- IELTS benefits
There is more than one IELTS advantage that you can get when you score a good band score in IELTS. Here are some of the benefits you will gain by enrolling in the IELTS exam:
- Develop English language skills: Preparing for the IELTS exam will help you polish your English language and the four essential skills associated with it – speaking, writing, reading, and listening.
- Increased employment opportunities: The IELTS certificate is recognized worldwide. All the central government bodies, universities, and workplaces accept IELTS as the standard test to test English. 3. Helpful in all stages of life: The common conception that the IELTS test is only for universities is wrong. It is required for visa applications, immigration forms, and job applications in many foreign countries.
Steps for IELTS test booking
The process for IELTS booking is more straightforward than you think. All you need to do is register online at ieltsidpindi.com or visit the nearest IDP branch.
If you are facing complexity in registering for the IELTS exam or difficulty choosing which mode of IELTS exam will be best for you, feel free to contact us. AEC Overseas, the best education consultants in Delhi, India, will help you sort out all the complexities and simplify the IELTS process. Get in touch with us to know more.