Location: Dundee, Scotland
Total Students: 3,824
Percentage of International Students: 13%
- The student centre building was constructed in 2005 at a cost of £6 million. It provides a focal point for student entertainment and recreation and contains numerous outlets including Aroma coffee bar, the Common Room E-Bar and Campus Shop.
- The Abertay Students’ Association (Abertay SA) is based in the second floor of the Kydd building. Abertay SA co-ordinates all societies and acts as the voice and representation of all of Abertay’s students
- According to the results of the Research Excellence Framework 2014 (REF2014) published on 18 December 2014, Abertay was the highest ranked modern university in Scotland for ‘research intensity.
- Creative Industries
- Career Development Centre
- Disabled Student Support
- Learner Development Service
- International Advice and Welfare
- Student Funding Advice
- Abertay Language Centre and Faith and Belief.
- Lyon Street
- Meadowside Hall
- Keiller Court
- Parker House – iQ Student Accommodation
- Shehzad Afzal, Game designer
- Roger Ball, musician, founding member Average White Band
- Vikki Bunce, Scottish hockey player
- Victoria Drummond MBE, first female Merchant Navy engineer in Britain
- Malcolm Duncan, musician, founding member Average White Band
- Joe FitzPatrick, Scottish National Party MSP, Scottish Government Minister for Parliamentary Business
- Stewart Hosie, Scottish National Party MP
- David Jones, DMA Design founder – now Rockstar North – creator of GTA and Lemmings franchises
- Andrew Mackenzie, Verdant Gin founder
- Maurice Malpas, Scottish football player and manager, spent his entire professional playing career at Dundee United F.C. and was capped for the Scotland national football team 55 times
- Iain McNicol, General Secretary of the Labour Party (UK)
- Stuart McMillan, Scottish National Party MSP
- Andy Nicol, Scottish Rugby Union player, team captain; also represented the Barbarians and British Lions
- Jude Ower MBE, Playmob founder
- Gavin Clydesdale Reid, economist and past President of the Scottish Economic Society (1999–2002)
- William Samson, former staff member and Scottish astronomer, mathematician, and computer scientist
- Tom Smith, Scottish Rugby Union player and coach, also represented Northampton Saints and British Lions
- Dr John N. Sutherland, former Professor of Virtual Reality, Gifu University, Japan.
- Sir Brian Souter, Stagecoach founder
- Liam Wong, graphic designer, game developer and photographer
If you are planning to study abroad in the UK and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You ca also write a query and sent it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.