Top Reason to Study in Ireland for Indian Students
Yes! Ireland is a fantastic location to study abroad. Known for its greenery & rich history, Ireland is recognized globally by employers & industries for its highest standard of education. Ireland is also known for its skilled & highly educated young people. Seven out of the Top 100 global world-ranking universities are from Ireland. A technological hub with many leading tech MNCs headquarters based here, Ireland assures you of the Best Study Abroad experience to you. Let’s take a look at the top reason to study in Ireland for Indian students
Why Study in Ireland?
- Best Quality Education
- Innovative Research Opportunities
- Plentiful Career Opportunities
- 16th most Innovative Nation in the World
- Home to five out of Top 10 Forbes Organizations of the World: Apple, Google, Amazon, Samsung, & Alphabet
- Friendly & Warm People
- Earn While You Study
- Fastest Growing Economy
- English Spoken Language
- Post-Study Work Visa facility
- Internship Opportunities
Education in Ireland
The government funds the universities, colleges of education, and the technological sector. The universities work in autonomous and self-governing mode, and offer bachelor’s, master’s & doctoral level degree programs. A typical undergraduate degree in Ireland is of 3 to 4 years duration, whereas a Master degree takes 2 years to complete.
Seven public universities in Ireland ranked in the Top 700 QS World University rankings: They are –
- Trinity College, Dublin
- University College Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Maynooth University
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- University College Cork
- University of Limerick
Documents required to be submitted as part of application process:
- Academics transcripts
- IELTS/TOEFL Scores
- Two Letters of Recommendations (LORs)
- Statement of Purpose (SOPs)
- Proof of Funds
- Health Insurance document
Cost of Studying in Ireland
Ireland is a favorite destination for International students due to its cost factor. In comparison to the USA, UK, Australia, & other European nations, Studying in Ireland costs less and inexpensive. That’s the main reason Why you should study in Ireland? The cost of studying varies from course to course, for e,g. an MBA may cost more than other courses. The Tuition fees for engineering, science, & technology costs around 10,000 to 25,000 Euros, whereas medicine-related subjects costs around 45,000 to 55,000 Euros. Arts & humanities costs less around 9,500 Euros to 22,000 Euros.
Study In Ireland- VISA
You will require a Study Visa to Study in Ireland. You have to show funds of at least 7,000 Euros before you apply for a Student Visa. You have to submit also the following documents:
- Passport Size photographs
- IELTS/TOEFL scores
- Offer letters from Universities
- Tuition Fees payment receipt
- Bank Statements (Proof of Funds)
- Medical/Health Insurance papers
The fee is around 300 Euros to apply for a student visa.
Benefits of Study in Ireland
- Top-Grade Education System – Irish government is committed to excellence in higher education standards. The government has made significant contribution in the higher education infrastructure make it one of the most attractive Study Abroad Destination around the Globe
- Warm & Welcoming people – Irish people are one of the happiest in the world. They are always laughing & enjoying themselves, whether at pub, matches, or a spring concert. As a foreigner & international student in Ireland, you’ll always feel welcomed.
- World-Famous Universities – Ireland is home to some of the top-ranked world universities of the world committed to provide excellent education. Some of the world-renowned universities in the world such as Trinity College Dublin, Royal College of Surgeons, University College of Dublin, National University of Ireland, Galway are located in Ireland to study
- Variety of Courses – Ireland offers a diverse range of courses to international students to choose from. Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Humanities, Sociology, Arts, Information Technology, Economics, & Cyber Security are some of the most popular courses offered by Ireland’s top Universities.
- Encouragement to Entrepreneurship – Irish government has created a number of Entrepreneurship programs to encourage entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into profitable business. They have also started start-up funds to help businesses arrange for funds.
- Part-Time Jobs – To manage the cost of studying a degree, sometimes students have to work part-time to manage expenses. International students also apply for work visas (also known as green cards) to work part-time while studying. Many Irish universities offer Internship opportunities to students so that they can get hands-on experience in their profession.
- Affordable Cost of Living – Irish capital city Dublin is far less expensive than New York or London. This helps the student to find affordable accommodation with their limited budgets. You are likely to spend more if you choose to live in a larger city in comparison to smaller cities or towns.
- Stamp 1G Visa (also called as stay back visa) – Allows students to stay back and work in Ireland. Undergraduate students can stay back for 12 months and master’s students can stay back for 24 months.
- English Language Medium – One of the Benefits of study in Ireland is that most of the courses are taught in English medium. You face no language problems in the teaching medium.
Cost of Studying in Ireland
Universities in Ireland do not provide great education, but also charge less tuition fees in comparison to other Study Abroad destinations such as the USA, UK, & Singapore. The Tuition fees for undergraduate degrees in Ireland ranges from CAD 10,000 to CAD 25,000 (approx.). Apart from that, you have to also manage the expenses of your accommodation, food, travel & others.
Top 9 Universities in Ireland for 2022/2023: Rankings
Irish universities are continuously improving their rankings year after year. Most of the world’s top universities from Ireland are based in the capital city Dublin. The most famous among them Trinity College Dublin (TCD) and University College Dublin (UCD) are among the top 100 in Europe.
|University||QS Ranking 2022|
|Trinity College Dublin (TCD)||101|
|University College Dublin (UCD)||173|
|University of Galway||258|
|University College Cork (UCC)||298|
|Dublin City University (DCU)||490|
|University of Limerick||501|
|University of Maynooth||751|
Jobs in Ireland for International Students
Many of the top organizations are based in Ireland such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, & Accenture. There has been a considerable increase in jobs in information technology, hospitality & tourism sectors.
- Popular jobs in demand
|Software developers||Logistics and Supply Chain Managers|
|Transport Managers||Chemical Engineers|
- Top Companies in Ireland offering Jobs
Ireland is a beautiful & progressive country. Famous for its Irish beer, the Irish people are warm and friendly. With its high academic excellence, quality of life, and vast immigration opportunities available, Ireland is fast emerging as an attractive destination for overseas education. With its outstanding education system and affordable cost of education, give us one reason on Why should you not study in Ireland? If you’ve found this blog helpful, please drop a comment! Share the article.