Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Total Students: 5,154
Percentage of International Students: 26%
- Research Infosource Inc: ranked 39th among the top 50 Research Colleges in Canada
- The first publicly-funded community college in Canada
- The Hubbard Wildlife Collection of the college contains one of Canada’s largest collections of full-body taxidermy mammals
- The college has research specializations in Aquaculture and Quantitative Public Opinion Studies
- Lethbridge has an amount of $1,076,000 in research funding in 2012
- Approximately 500 students are exposed to applied research projects each year
- The Wind Turbine Technician program of the college was the first BZEE certified English program in Canada
- It homes the Centre for Applied Research and Innovation, and the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Innovation (CTLI)
- Academic Upgrading and English as a Second Language
- Agriculture and Related Technology
- Business and Administration Studies
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Communications, Journalism, and Related Studies
- Computer and Information Technology
- Education and Library Studies
- Engineering, Architecture, and Related Studies
- Engineering and Science Technologies
- Environment, Forestry, and Related Studies
- General Studies
- Health Care, Medical Studies, and Technologies
- Humanities and Languages
- Personal, Home, and Food Studies
- Physical Education and Recreation
- Social Sciences, Law, and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social, Community, and Protective Services
- In addition, the college also offers continuing education and online learning programs
- Students enrolled in full time courses with total nine or more credits, are eligible to work both on-campus and off-campus
- Students must have a valid study permit and a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Various on-campus work opportunities are offered by Lethbridge College
- IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) does not restrict the number of hours a student is permitted to work on-campus
- There might be some restrictions on the working hours according to the rules of some Lethbridge College employers
- Part-time off-campus working opportunity for the international students is granted by the IRCC
- They are permitted to work for 20 hours/week during the regular academic year (September through April) and full-time during the break between semesters
Lethbridge College offers housing facilities to its students that have a total capacity of about 1000.
Kodiak House: 109 single suites with 15 barrier – free suites suitable for students with walking disabilities.
30thAvenue Residence: Cottage styled units of 4 bedroom suites with a capacity to hold 208.
Cullen Residence: 34 townhouses with 12 single rooms each.
Cullen Residence (two – bedroom unit): 44 two-bedroom suites to be shared by students.
Cullen Residence (family unit): 8 family units to hold a family of up to four.
In addition to the main campus in Lethbridge, Lethbridge College has three regional campuses:
- Claresholm campus: the only campus housed in a college-operated facility; offers a variety of continuing education courses
- Pincher Creek campus
- Vulcan County campus
The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Innovation (CTLI) of the college includes the following services:
- The Buchanan Library
- Learning Services
- Learning and Development
- Digital Learning Team
- Learning Experience Design Team
- The Audio Visual Department
Lethbridge College maintains a strong alumni network. The college has over 30,000 alumni worldwide.
The college provides benefits like insurance, discount offers from the college bookstore, professional development, library access, gym membership, camps and continuing education to its alumni members.
Some of the notable alumni are:
- Troy Reeb: journalist
- Dustin Molleken: Baseball pitcher
- Glenda Warkentin: Actor
- Kyle Yamada: soccer player
- Gary Kelly: Politician
If you are planning to study abroad in Australia and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at email@example.com.