How to Apply for an Irish Student Visa?
Thanks to its easy immigration policies & vast job opportunities, Ireland is fast emerging as a favorite Study Abroad Destination for International Students. If you are planning to pursue a degree in Ireland, you’ve to first apply for an Irish Student Visa. As soon as you receive the Letter of Acceptance from an Irish University, you’ve to apply for an Irish Student Visa. If you are worried about How to Apply for an Irish Student Visa, Stop Worrying! This article will help you with all the steps required to apply for an Irish Student Visa. Learn all about the types, benefits & Process of Irish Student Visa.
Do I require an Irish Student Visa to Study Abroad in Ireland?
- If you belong to the EU/EEA (European Economic Area), you don’t need a Student Visa in Ireland.
- If you don’t satisfy the above-mentioned condition, then you have to apply for a Student Visa in Ireland.
Types of Irish Student Visa
- “C” Visa (Short-Stay Visa) – For students who plan to enroll for a shorter duration course (less than 3 months).
- “D” Visa (Long-Stay Visa) – For students planning to enroll for longer term course or degree program (more than 3 months duration)
Application Process of Irish Student Visa
- Apply to an Irish University & collect the letter of acceptance from them.
- Visit AVATS online portal (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) website) to apply for an Irish Student visa. Fill in the details for your application for a Student Visa in Ireland.
- Take a printout of the online application form. This print summary will contain important details such as the transaction number, & visa interview appointment schedule.
- Send the printed application summary along with the required documents through an email or post to the Ireland Embassy.
- Pay the fees online for the visa application on the portal.
- Book your appointment at the Irish Student Visa center. Book your appointment slot within 30 days of the submission of the application. Get ready for submission of biometric information also.
- Reach the visa application center at least 15 mins early on the day of appointment. Bring also all the essential documents required along with the application. An acknowledgment receipt will be issued to you on completion of all formalities.
Checklists of Documents required for an Irish Student Visa
- Passport photocopy
- Two passport-sized color photographs
- A signed Letter of application (contact details mentioned)
- Letter of Acceptance from an approved Irish University
- Receipt of fee payment as a proof
- Proof of funds to sustain cost of living during the course (7,000 Euros/6 lakhs approx, in INR)
- Medical Insurance
- Evidence of gaps if any in your educational history
- A statement of your commitment to return to motherland if visa expires
- IELTS/TOEFL English language proficiency test scores
- Birth Certificates
- Any other additional documents of required by the university
Requirements of Irish Student visa
- English Language Requirements
- IELTS overall score between 6-7 & TOEFL score (570 for paper-based & 90 for internet-based)
- Health Insurance Benefits- All International Students should have private medical insurance cover as a prerequisite for Student Visa in Ireland.
Features of an Irish Student Visa
- Study in Ireland visa will allow you to live and study in Ireland for the duration of your course.
- Work 20 hours a day during semester and 40 hours a week during Semester break.
- Under some special circumstances, you may even be allowed to work in Ireland after completion of studies.
- It generally takes 4 to 8 weeks for visa authorities to process your application.
Costs for Ireland Student Visa
- A single-entry visa for Study in Ireland would cost around Euro 60 and Euro 100 for a multiple-entry visa.
To realize your dream of Studying in Ireland, you have to undergo a lot of tasks such as choosing your desired course/university, application to the university, visa requirements, & searching suitable locations. However, the most important process among this is to apply for a Student Visa in Ireland. This blog post has tried to give you an in-depth detail of How to apply for an Irish Student visa. I Like this blog! Please share it. Drop a comment also.