How Can We Help?

What are the stay back and PR options in Germany after

< All Topics

After completing studies from a German university or college, your residence permit will automatically be expired. If you wish to stay back to find some suitable employment opportunities, you must apply for the residence permit within 90 days from the date of completion of the program. Applying for the same is a two-way process. Look at the following table to understand better:

Category 1: Residence Permit for Work OnlyCategory 2: Residence Permit for Employed
In this category, international students who want to stay back in the country after their studies can apply for the residence permit to find work. This permit helps students establish their careers abroad. This residence permit is valid for 18 months. While applying for the same, you will need the following documents:
Valid passportThe degree provided by the university stating that you have completed your studies successfully along with an official stamp on itBank statement to prove that you have enough fund to support your livingHealth insurance certificate
In case you have returned your native country, you can still apply for the job seeker visa which is valid for 6 months. For this visa type, you will need to show the following documents:
University’s degree (not mandatory to have a degree from the German university or college only)Financial prove to show that you can support your stay in the country
As per this category, you can apply for the residence permit if you have found a suitable job according to your qualification. You can either apply for the residence permit or EU blue card. Even though both are different, these can be highly beneficial for those applying for PR in Germany. You can get the following benefits by opting for one of these options:
Allows legal stay to non-European residenceProvides equal work opportunities, conditions, and salary for blue card holdersEnables free and legal movement in the Schengen territory

Eligibility to Get the EU Blue Card

To get the EU blue card in Germany, you will need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

  • Applicants should be non-EU citizens
  • They must have a solid educational background and skills
  • They should hold a job offer with a salary amount of (approx.) €49,600*

This card is issued for a minimum period of 1 year and a maximum of 4 years. You must research about the same a little bit to get a clearer picture of the same.

Table of Contents
Scroll to Top