GLYNDWR UNIVERSITY, WREXHAM
2008 (as a university), 1887 (Wrexham School of Science and Art)
QS Ranking (2023)
Wrexham Glyndwr University, rebranding as Wrexham University, is a public research university in the north-east of Wales, with campuses in Wrexham, Northop and St Asaph. It offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as professional courses. The university had 6,765 students in 2022/23.
If you are planning to study in UK and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on 080-69029999 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Students: 5,895
Percentage of International Students: 15%
- Students often comment that the campus is like a home away from home. This small, inclusive university has a friendly, community feel.
- Help for all students to reach their full potential, with individual support available across a number of areas.
- Pre-sessional English language courses for students who do not meet the language requirements for their chosen programme.
- Wrexham Glyndŵr University is a vibrant, friendly and inclusive learning community. Programmes have an applied focus, offering students a rich, hands-on and supportive study experience, with academics who know students by name. The university is renowned for providing students with high levels of satisfaction, support and career opportunities.
- An ever-growing list of societies, giving fantastic opportunities to socialise, make new friends and try something different.
- Advice and guidance are available on a whole range of issues, whether on academic matters or student life.
- Active student representation, with real impact on university policy and course development.
- Based in north-east Wales, Wrexham is close to all that north Wales and north-west England has to offer, with good access to cities, countryside and coast.
- One-to-one support, workshops and lectures on core academic skills.
- Academic support librarians to help navigate the extensive learning resources.
- Digital learning facilitators to support with learning technologies.
- Personal tutors for one-to-one support for all students.
- Inclusion services offer specialist study skills support for additional needs.
- A dedicated Inclusion team offers a wide range of tailored, one-to-one support.
- On-site assessment centre for study needs assessments.
- Assistive technology suite to make study more accessible for a range of people.
- Students can access more than 120,000 books, DVDs and learning resources plus thousands of online textbooks and journals.
- Quiet study spaces, computer suites and spaces for group work are found in the main campus library.
- Open-access computer labs and teaching suites across all campuses.
- Modern social learning spaces (perfect for group work), with modern technology, USB charging points and comfy seating.
- Extensive IT support available for students, whether on university computers or students’ own devices.
- On-campus accommodation is available for all students, whether undergraduate, postgraduate or international.
- 321 private en suite rooms in flats of six to eight people, with single and single+ options (for a slightly larger room).
- Communal kitchen/living area, with flat screen TV, unlimited Wi-Fi and all bills included.
- 24-hour on-campus security and maintenance, with friendly accommodation staff on hand for any issues.
- Easy walking distance to Wrexham town centre, the train station, supermarkets and a retail park.
- The main campus is next to Wrexham General train station and the A483 dual carriageway, providing easy access to the North West.
- Free on-campus parking is available to all students, as well as a low cost bike hire scheme.
- The main campus is just a 10-minute walk from the town centre, while the art school is even closer.
- Minibuses between the Northop and Wrexham campuses are available for students.
- Wrexham is 20 minutes’ drive from Chester, or an hour from Liverpool – while the stunning countryside can be reached in minutes.
If you are planning to study abroad in the UK and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at email@example.com.