Study in USA
QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
Over 24,000 students
QS Ranking (2023)
Queen Mary University of London is a leading research-intensive university with a global reputation for excellence. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a variety of disciplines. QMUL is also home to a number of world-class research institutes and centers.
If you are planning to study in UK and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on 080-69029999 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Students: 15,960
Percentage of International Students: 25%
- Queen Mary has five campuses across East and Central London in Mile End, Whitechapel, Charterhouse Square, Lincoln’s Inn Fields and West Smithfield, as well as an international presence in China, France, Greece and Malta. The Mile End campus is the largest self-contained campus of any London-based Russell Group university. In 2018/19 the university had around 26,000 students.
- Queen Mary is organised into three faculties – the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Science and Engineering and Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Queen Mary became one of the few university-level institutions to implement a requirement of the A* grade at A-Level after its introduction in 2010 on some of their most popular courses, such as Engineering, Law, and Medicine.
- In 2016, Queen Mary became the first UK university to receive the Gold Watermark from the National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement.
There are three faculties and an interdisciplinary life sciences institute. These are split further into independent schools, institutes, and departments.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of English and Drama
- School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
- School of Geography
- Global Shakespeare (in partnership with the University of Warwick)
- School of History
- School of Law
- Centre for Commercial Law Studies
- Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre
- School of Politics and International Relations
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Barts Cancer Institute
- The Blizard Institute
- Institute of Dentistry
- Institute of Health Sciences Education
- William Harvey Research Institute
- Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine
- The Centre of the Cell
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Institute of Bioengineering
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- Materials Research Institute (MRI)
- Life Sciences Institute
- Centre for Computational Biology
- Centre for Genomic Health
- Centre for Mind in Society
- Institute of Bioengineering
Telephone: 020 7882 5005
Wellbeing: Your health and happiness is important. Learn how they support you on all matters concerned with your wellbeing, including information about their Advice and Counselling Service, our Disability and Dyslexia Service and faith at QMUL.
Supporting you study: From learning development workshops to student buddy schemes, we provide lots of support to help you make the transition to your new level of study. They also offer the chance to study abroad or learn a new language.
Financial Support: Can’t get your head around Student Finance and how it all works? Their Welfare Advisers have specialist training to offer you advice on a range of financial, welfare and legal issues, including immigration advice for international students.
Graduate life: They aim to prepare you for life when you graduate. Whether you need help finding work-experience, setting up your own business or want to learn more about postgraduate study, they can put you on the right path to fulfilling your future ambitions.
Support Contact: Every school at Queen Mary University of London has a dedicated Student Support Contact who can offer advice on matters you feel may be impeding your ability to study.
- Rahere Court
- Mile End Canalside
- Blithehale Court
- Canda Water
- Pacific Court
- Liberty Plaza London
- The Curve- London Nest
The main Mile End campus contains the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Science and Engineering, the Queens’ Building, the main college library, the student union, Draper’s bar and club, several restaurants, a number of halls of residences and a gym. The educational and research sites of the Arts Research Centre, Computer Science, the large Engineering building, G.E. Fogg Building, Francis Bancroft Building, G. O. Jones Building, Joseph Priestley Building, Lock-keeper’s Graduate Centre, and the Mathematical Science Building, are all located within the Mile End campus.
The Grade II listed Queens’ Building is home to the Octagon. Built in 1887, the Octagon was originally the Queen Mary University of London library. It was designed by architect ER Robson and inspired by the British Museum Reading Room. While the People’s Palace is home to the Grade II listed Great Hall. The art deco style Great Hall has a seating capacity of over 700 and standing of 1,000. It is complemented by 3 lecture theatres and a foyer.
The Whitechapel campus encompasses Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, the Whitechapel Medical Library, the award-winning Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, and the Royal London Hospital.
The West Smithfield campus of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, the West Smithfield Medical Library, the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, the John Vane Science Centre, the Heart Centre and St Bartholomew’s Hospital are based in Smithfield.
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies and LLM teaching and postgraduate law research activities are based in Lincoln’s Inn Fields in Holborn.
The Malta campus, situated on the island of Gozo, is part of Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. Students taught at the Malta campus are offered the same curriculum as taught at Barts in London, for the MBBS Medicine and Medicine Foundation programmes.
If you are planning to study abroad in the UK and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You ca also write a query and sent it to us at email@example.com.