Best Courses in Singapore for Indian Students
Consider studying in Singapore if you want to achieve academic excellence at an affordable price. It is important to note that the Lion City is one of the countries with the best education systems in the world. Due to the high quality of education available in Singapore, it is very likely that you will set up a professional job there, whether you want to study an MBA or a Master’s degree. In addition, to reduce the financial burden, Singapore’s Ministry of Education provides financial assistance to international students. Through this blog, we are going to discuss why we study in Singapore and the top courses in Singapore. So let’s begin.
Before going forward let’s just see some interesting facts about the island nation of Singapore.
Singapore is a nation that never ceases to amaze both its tourists and the rest of the world! It is a city and nation in Southeast Asia and its official name is the Republic of Singapore. It is a blend of heritage and culture as well as a culinary spectacle. Keeping all these things in mind here are some fun and interesting facts about Singapore–
- In Singapore, chewing gum is not allowed. Gum may only be chewed with a prescription!
- Singapore has a 280-meter ceiling on the highest building height that may be constructed.
- At 290 meters tall, Tanjong Pagar Center is Singapore’s tallest building. It received special permission to climb higher than the typical limit of 280 meters.
- A Palembang prince named Sang Nila Utama imagined he saw a lion on the island and named it Singapura, which means “lion city” in Sanskrit. However, the lions were not in Singapore at the time. Only recently have lions been introduced to zoos!
- Singaporeans speak five languages, including the four official ones: English, Chinese, Malay, and Tamil, as well as Singlish, which is a regional dialect. But rather than a broken language, it is a very difficult creole that is difficult for outsiders to learn.
Why study in Singapore?
With the help of a Western education system that emphasizes independent study and skill development, Singapore has built a reputation for providing thorough degree programs in a wide range of disciplines. In addition, the Asian country’s lack of corruption, low tax rates, modern infrastructure, and trained workforce have increased the amount of foreign investment it receives. Below is a list of some other compelling reasons to consider study in Singapore:
- You may find it hard to believe, but English is one of the four official languages of Singapore. So you won’t have a language barrier while you study in Singapore. In addition, due to the large number of international students who come from all over the world, you can integrate into both Eastern and Western society at the same time.
- Apart from many beautiful green parks for relaxation, Singapore, popularly known as the Garden City, is home to several historical monuments and tourist attractions. Moreover, due to strict rules, the nation has a relatively low crime rate, and illegal activities like ragging and heroin abuse are also prohibited, making the experience of those who want to study in Singapore unique!
- There is not a single person in the whole world who would not like to take a vacation from studying. Right? In addition to cinemas, retail centers, and tourist destinations, the Asian country offers sports activities such as windsurfing, paragliding, and kiteboarding, among others.
Top Universities to Study in Singapore
International students from all over the world are welcome in Singapore. Both MBBS in Singapore and Engineering in Singapore are the best options among the candidates due to the presence of top research facilities. Singapore is fast rising to the top of the list of destinations for students hoping to study abroad because of its top-notch infrastructure and reasonable tuition fees. The best universities in Singapore for international students are listed below.
- National University of Singapore- The top institute in Singapore and ranked 11th in the list of QS world rankings is the National University of Singapore. King Edward VII Faculty of Medicine was the original name of the institution when it was founded 114 years ago. The National University of Singapore was given the name when it finally started in 1962. NUS is said to be the first independent research university in the country. Numerous courses are offered in science, psychology, design, proposed legislation, art, and health. In addition, the institution offers various loans, scholarships, bursaries, and financial assistance to its students in an effort to reduce their financial burden.
- Singapore Management University- Singapore Management University was established in 2000 and is located in the heart of Singapore. In addition to offering several undergraduate programs, SMU is known for its graduate offerings, which include Ph.D., professional doctorate and research, and professional master’s degrees. It has also just launched a Doctor of Engineering (DEng) program for individuals who wish to delve further into development topics such as computer science, machine intelligence, technology, and cyber-physical systems, etc. You must be aware that many of its university courses offered by six different institutions are AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS certified.
- Singapore University of Technology and Design- SUTD is another popular university for students who want to study in Australia. The university has collaborated with 45 prestigious educational institutions, including MIT, Zhejiang and SMU, focusing on core principles including innovation, honesty and leadership. The Singapore University of Technology and Design provides several postgraduate and undergraduate degree programs and has built a reputation in the fields of engineering and architecture. In addition, BOA and EAB have accredited their Bachelor of Engineering and Master of Architecture programs.
Top Courses in Singapore
Below mentioned are some top courses in Singapore
MBA in Singapore
Management is one of the key courses to look out for in Singapore. As a location for management education, the nation has benefited most from its hyper-connectivity and the fact that all major international corporations are based here.
Banking and Finance in Singapore
Singapore has seen an increase in the number of courses related to banking and finance over the past few years, thanks to its position as Asia’s financial center for corporate activities. Of course, one factor contributing to the increase is the fact that there are jobs in the industry. Banking and finance jobs are among the top 10 jobs in Singapore, according to annual data released by the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore. Most educational institutions in Singapore, including Polytechnics, provide banking courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Students are given an introduction to a variety of subjects, including international trade, financial accounting, and banking law.
Engineering in Singapore
Singapore, a technological powerhouse, is known among international students for its engineering programs. According to authoritative rankings such as those published by QS and Times Higher Education, two of Singapore’s most prestigious institutions – the National University of Singapore and the National Technological University – are among the top 50 universities in the world for engineering and technology. Engineering institutions in Singapore enroll the most foreign students, apart from management schools. In Singapore, it takes four years to complete a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Students can then pursue a master’s degree through coursework or research in the engineering field of their choice.
Computer Science and IT in Singapore
Students with a strong interest in computers and information technology are prepared with a degree in computer science. Artificial intelligence, communication and connectivity, computational biology, database management, and other fields are associated with the study of computer science. The course has a unique impact on Singapore’s education system and is popular worldwide. Many students from all over the world come to Singapore to study IT and computer science every year. One of the reasons is the fact that three institutions from the republic are included among the top universities for computer science according to the QS world ranking. They are the Singapore Management University, the National Technological University, and the National University of Singapore.
Law in Singapore
The fact that Singapore’s legal systems are compatible with the legal systems of most other nations is one of the nicest aspects of studying law there. As a result, the title is respected in a number of countries, including Malaysia, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, and Canada. Additionally, Singapore is known for having one of the largest judicial systems in Asia. The best law school in Asia, NUS Law School is highly respected. For students who have a previous degree in any other discipline, they can qualify for the Graduate LL.B. Program and complete their degree in three years, not four. The LLB degree is awarded after four years of study.
International students can choose from a wide range of courses in Singapore, which is home to several highly regarded universities with extensive study opportunities and curricula. Singapore has excellent facilities and infrastructure for international students, as well as relatively cheap tuition fees. Through this blog, we discussed why we study in Singapore and the top courses in Singapore.
Read More- Best Courses in Canada for Indian Students