CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY OF EDMONTON
QS Ranking (2023)
Concordia University is a publicly funded research institution that utilizes English as its primary language of instruction. It is situated in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Established in 1974 as a result of the merger between Loyola College and Sir George Williams University, Concordia is one of three universities in Quebec where English serves as the primary medium of instruction, alongside McGill and Bishops. In the 2022–23 academic year, Concordia boasted an enrollment of 49,898 students, placing it among the largest universities in Canada by student population.
Concordia operates two distinct campuses, located approximately 7 kilometers (4 miles) apart. The Sir George Williams Campus, positioned in the Quartier Concordia neighborhood within Downtown Montreal, falls under the Ville-Marie borough. The Loyola Campus, on the other hand, is situated in the residential area of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.
With four faculties, a school of graduate studies, and a plethora of colleges, centers, and institutes, Concordia University offers an extensive array of academic programs. These include over 400 undergraduate programs and more than 120 graduate programs and courses, making it a hub for diverse educational opportunities.
If you are planning to study in Canada and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on 080-69029999 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at email@example.com
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Total Students: 2,333
Percentage of International Students: 10%
- Concordia University College of Alberta, is a publicly funded private university in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Accredited under the Alberta Post-secondary Learning Act, Concordia is primarily funded by tuition and private donations but also receives some limited funding from the Government of Alberta. Prior to its secularization in 2016, Concordia University of Edmonton was affiliated with the Lutheran Church–Canada.
- The university has five faculties and two schools: Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Science, School of Physical Education and Wellness, and School of Music. The university offers 45 majors and minors in the fields of Arts, Science and Management; two after-degree programs, three master’s degrees, and several graduate certificates and diplomas. The University of Lethbridge had a small extension campus at the university from 2012 to 2015. Bright Horizons Childcare and the Concordia Lutheran Seminary also share the university grounds.
- Campus life features a community orchestra, a community choir, a women’s choir, a touring choir, and regular drama productions. There are three dormitory buildings on campus. Founder’s Hall is for first year students, Eberhardt Hall is for first and second year students, while Wangerin House is for third year students. Two more residences are designated for students taking after-degree or masters’ programs. The university has a gymnasium and a large athletic field on campus. In the past the field was sometimes used for spring practice by the Edmonton Eskimos football team.
- Career Services
- Financial Aid & Awards
- Indigenous Student Services
- Student Groups
- Registrar’s Office
- Student Life & Learning
- Proximity When you live in residence, you are steps away from classes, your faculty, student support services, catered meals, and your friends! The Residence Life Experience is a convenient experience.
- Educational AND Exciting Programming There is always something happening for you to enjoy in residence. The Resident Advisors work together and with various campus experts to bring you the highest quality of community building and learning fun! The Residence Life Experience is a community learning experience.
- Support Systems Moving away from home and starting at university can be a stressful experience! We have a variety of highly skilled, well-trained staff across campus who work together to provide a collaborative support system to all of our residents! These committed staff include a Residence Life Coordinator, a team of Resident Advisors, and 24/7 on-site Security. The Residence Life Experience is a successful experience.x
The university ranks 79 in the country and holds 5293 rank in the world.
- Nathan Fillion, actor
- Sarah Hoffman, politician
- Sam Lam, soccer player
- Lynne Bowen, university professor, oral historian and writer—CUE Distinguished Alumni Award 2000 winner
If you are planning to study abroad in Canada and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.