MEDICINE HAT COLLEGE
Location: Alberta, Canada
Total Students: 2500
Percentage of International Students: 15%
- The funding for scholarships and bursaries is over $350,000 CAD.
- Has received NSERC eligibility.
- Undertakes the Community Renewable Energy Microgrid Demonstration Project in collaboration with the City of Medicine Hat, the APEX Regional Innovation Network, Blue Energy Solar Wind Canada INC., and Terralta Inc.
- 95% were satisfied with the quality of teaching
- 98% were satisfied with the relevance of their courses
- 55% were working while studying at MHC
- 81% are now employed
- 92% believe that their programs were worth the fees
More than 40 diplomas and certificates are offered along with 25 university transfer programs, and numerous apprenticeship trades. There are also several opportunities for degree completion at MHC. Students are able to complete a bachelor’s degree in nursing, education, and business, thanks to collaborative agreements with the University of Calgary and Mount Royal University, respectively. Applied degrees are offered in Applied Arts (Visual Communications) and Applied Health Science (Paramedic). Graduates from diploma programs such as Criminal Justice may also complete degrees through Athabasca University. The college offers unique diploma programs such as Addictions Counseling.
Medicine Hat College has two campuses, namely:
The main campus in Medicine Hat
Brooks campus in Brooks
Brooks campus offers the following types of programs only:
Certificates and Diplomas
Both of the campuses offer the following facilities:
Explore of book facilities
Food and catering
- The on-campus housing facility offered by MHC is among the lowest priced in Alberta.
- Medicine Hat Residence contains 75 well-maintained townhouse units.
- Each unit has rooms for four single students.
- Two bungalow-style units are there to accommodate up to two students each with mobility impairments.
- All the residence complexes have access to the Community Room that offers a computer lab with Internet access, TV room equipped with DVD and sound system.
- Eight four-bedroom units are available in the Brooks Residence with shared common areas including the kitchen, living room, and bathrooms.
- Both the residences have the following features:
- Wi-Fi (included in rent fees)
- Washer & dryer (coin free)
- Stove and microwave
- Fridge and freezer
- Extra-long single beds
- Study desk, office chair, couch, chairs, lamp, kitchen table with chairs
- Pets are not allowed in the Medicine Hat College residences
- No parking fees are taken at the Brooks Residence
- The Student Residence Office assembles a list of off-campus housing facilities offered in the localities surrounding the college.
- Interested students are required to check the off-campus housing lists available on the college website.
- 2018 university ranking (international): 8809th in the world
- 2018 continental ranking: 2221st in the continent
- 2018 university ranking (national): 144th in Canada
- 2017 university ranking (international): 15011th in the world
- 2017 university ranking (national): 244th in Canada
- Free membership to the Campus Fitness Center
- Admission to all Rattlers home basketball and volleyball games at minimum fees
- 15% discount on clothing, giftware, stationery and art supplies at the Bookstore
- 10% discount at Crave, MHC’s on-campus pub and grill
- Employment and Career Development Services
- Access to library services
- Discount offers in accommodation and travel
- Discounts on products and services offered by the campuses
If you are planning to study abroad in Australia and targeting this university, you can get in touch with AEC. Give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 to get assistance on call. You can also write a query and sent it to us at email@example.com.