English is the most widely spoken language in the world, and it is essential for success in many fields. Studying English abroad is a great way to improve your language skills and gain valuable international experience. You can choose to study English in various countries, each with its own unique culture and learning environment.
Why Study English Course Abroad?
There are many benefits to studying English abroad. Here are just a few:
- Improve your English skills quickly and effectively. Immersed in an English-speaking environment, you will be forced to use English daily, which will help you improve your fluency and accuracy.
- Gain international experience. Studying abroad is an wonderful way to learn about a new culture and meet people worldwide.
- Enhance your resume. Studying abroad shows employers that you are open-minded, adaptable, and have a global perspective.
- Become more confident. Studying abroad can help you to develop your independence and self-confidence.
English courses abroad typically include a mix of classroom instruction and extracurricular activities. You will learn English grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation in the classroom. You can also polish your English speaking and writing skills through various exercises and activities.
Outside of the classroom, you may have the opportunity to participate in field trips, cultural events, and social activities. These activities are a great way to practice your English skills in real-world situations and learn more about the culture of the country you are studying in.
- English grammar
- English vocabulary
- English pronunciation
- English speaking
- English writing
- English literature
- English culture
The duration of English courses abroad can vary widely depending on the type of program and the specific goals of the participants. Short-term courses for general English language proficiency may range from a few weeks to several months. Intensive programs might offer 15-25 hours of instruction per week.
Types of English Course Abroad degrees
Various English courses abroad degrees are available, depending on your needs and goals. Some of the most common types of degrees include:
- English Language Diploma: This is a certificate program that typically lasts for 6-12 months. It is designed to help students sufficiently polish their English skills for the purpose of academic or professional use.
- Bachelor of Arts in English: This four-year degree program provides students with a comprehensive education in the English language and literature.
- Master of Arts in English: This two-year degree program is designed for students who want to pursue an advanced degree in English language and literature.
Some of the most popular specializations in English courses abroad include:
- Business English
- Academic English
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- English literature
- English translation
Admission Process (Steps in Detail)
The admission process for English courses abroad varies between country to country and institution to institution you are applying to. However, there are some general steps that you will need to follow:
- Research your options. Many different English courses abroad are available, so it is important to research your options and choose a program that is right for you. Consider factors such as the program’s cost, the location, and the type of degree you are interested in.
- Contact the institution. Once you have chosen a program, contact the institution to learn more about the admission requirements and application process.
- Submit your application. The application process typically involves submitting a completed application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.
- Interview. Some institutions may ask for an interview as part of the admission process.
- Pay tuition and fees. Once you have been accepted to a program, you will need to pay tuition and fees.
The document requirements for English courses abroad vary from country to country and institution to institution you are applying to. However, some common document requirements include:
- Completed application form
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Visa (if required)
English Language Proficiency Exams Score Requirements
Most English courses abroad require students to have a certain English language proficiency level. Passing an English language proficiency exam, such as the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or Duolingo, typically demonstrates this. The specific score requirements vary depending on the program.
Cost of Studying (Average Tuition fees)
The cost of studying English abroad varies depending on the country and institution you are studying in. However, the average tuition fees for English courses abroad range from $5,000 to $20,000 per year.
Cost of living and other expenses
The cost of living and other expenses for English courses abroad varies depending on the country you are studying in. However, you can expect to pay an additional $10,000 to $20,000 per year on living expenses. This includes the cost of food, accommodation, transport, books, and other expenses.
Here is a breakdown of some of the typical costs of living and other expenses for English courses abroad:
- Food: $200-$500 per month
- Accommodation: $500-$1,000 per month
- Transport: $100-$200 per month
- Books and stationary: $100-$200 per month
- Other expenses: $100-$200 per month
Top Scholarships with amounts of scholarship offered
There are several scholarships available to students who want to study English abroad. Some of the most popular scholarships include:
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program: This scholarship funds students to teach English in various countries worldwide.
- British Council English Language Scholarships: These scholarships are available to students from developing countries who want to study English in the United Kingdom.
- American English Institute Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from around the world who want to study English at the American English Institute in the United States.
- IELTS Scholarships: The British Council and IDP Education offer a variety of scholarships to students who want to take the IELTS exam and study abroad.
- TOEFL Scholarships: The Educational Testing Service offers a variety of scholarships to students who want to take the TOEFL exam and study abroad.
The amount of scholarship funding varies depending on the scholarship program. However, most scholarships cover a significant portion of tuition and living expenses.
Popular jobs with average annual salaries in US dollars
A variety of popular jobs are available to graduates of English courses abroad. Some of the most popular jobs include:
- English teacher: Average annual salary: $50,000-$70,000
- Translator: Average annual salary: $40,000-$60,000
- Writer: Average annual salary: $45,000-$65,000
- Editor: Average annual salary: $50,000-$70,000
- Content writer: Average annual salary: $40,000-$60,000
Best Countries to study English course Abroad
Some of the best countries to study English abroad include:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
Best Universities to study English course Abroad
Some of the best universities to study English abroad include:
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- University of Oxford (UK)
- University College London (UK)
- King’s College London (UK)
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Harvard University (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- Yale University (USA)
- University of California, Los Angeles (USA)
- University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- University of Toronto (Canada)
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
- University of Sydney (Australia)
- University of Melbourne (Australia)
- University of Auckland (New Zealand)
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
FAQs with answers
Q1) What is the best time to study English abroad?
A1) The best time to study English abroad depends on your personal preferences. However, many students choose to study English abroad during the summer or winter holidays. This is because they have more time to travel and explore the country they are studying in.
Q2) What are the benefits of studying English abroad?
A2) There are many benefits to studying English abroad, including the opportunity to improve your English skills quickly and effectively, gain international experience, enhance your resume, and become more confident.
Q3) What are the challenges of studying English abroad?
A3) One of the biggest obstaclaes of studying English abroad is the cost. However, there are a number of scholarships available to help students cover the cost of tuition and living expenses.