Everything You Need to Know About Cloud Engineering
Cloud computing has emerged in the last few years. When the field is rising, the role of cloud engineers will continue to grow in the future as well. In this article, we will discuss everything to know about cloud engineering that you need to know if you are planning to make your career in the same.
Let us get started!
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is referred to as the cloud. To put it simply, cloud computing means accessing or storing data and programs over the internet instead of the hard drive. When the data is stored in the cloud, you can access it from anywhere in the whole world.
Related: Cloud Engineer vs. DevOps Engineer
What Does a Cloud Engineer Do?
Cloud engineers are IT professionals who are responsible for several technical responsibilities under cloud computing. These professionals are responsible for the following:
- Maintenance and support
- Planning, designing, and developing applications on the cloud
This means the role of a cloud engineer may vary, depending on the vertical you choose and serve. The following are the roles you may serve as:
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- Systems Engineer (Cloud)
- Network Engineer (Cloud)
Different Types of Cloud Engineers
Above, we have listed the roles served by a cloud engineer. But, this career option can further be categorized into the following:
- Cloud Developer
- Solutions Architect
- System Operations Engineer
Based on the categories listed above, the roles and responsibilities of cloud engineers may vary. Let us throw some light on these roles now.
# Cloud Developers
As the name suggests, these professionals are responsible for the coding and development process of the applications. These professionals should know the Cloud architecture practices. A cloud developer is involved in deploying, developing, and debugging the applications that are based on the cloud. These professionals need to have the following:
- Skills for deploying, developing, and debugging various cloud-based applications
- Expertise in different high-level programming languages
- Skills and expertise in API usage, command-line interface, and SDKs for writing different applications
- Understanding of the key features of the cloud service providers
- Knowledge of application lifecycle management
- Ability to implement codes essential for security measures
- Ability to use integration and distribution pipelines to set up applications
- Code writing skills for the applications that have no server connection
- Skills for writing, correcting, and debugging code modules
- Understanding the use of containers in the application development processes
# Solutions Architects
A solutions architect is a professional who is involved in the designing of the infrastructure and applications. To become an efficient professional, you must have some advanced technical skills along with hands-on experience in designing distributed systems and applications on the cloud-based platforms. In simplest terms, these professionals are responsible for preparing the blueprints of the application designs.
Some of their responsibilities have been mentioned below:
- Designing and deploying scalable, reliable, fault-tolerant, easy-to-use applications on the cloud platforms
- Choosing the right cloud services to design and deploy dynamic applications based on the precise requirements of the clients
- Migrating multi-tier and complex applications on the cloud platforms
- Designing and deploying scalable operations on cloud platforms
- Designing and implementing cost-effective and cost-control strategies
# Systems Operations Engineers
A systems operations engineer is a system administrator who takes over once the applications are designed and developed. These professionals are responsible for managing and supervising most of the activities included in the process of development. A system operations engineer must have the following skills:
- Ability to work smoothly and efficiently with visualization technology
- Relevant industry or hands-on experience as a system administrator in the system operations
- Understanding of various networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, and Firewalls
- Experience in auditing and monitoring systems
- Ability to translate different architectural requirements
- Ability to deploy, direct, and operate highly valuable, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems
- Ability to choose the right services as per the data and security requirements
- Knowledge of implementing and controlling the data flow from and to the service provider
- Capability to calculate the usage costs and check the operational cost-control mechanisms
- Ability to migrate the workload to the service provider
What is Next?
We hope that you have a clearer picture on “Everything You Need to Know About Cloud Engineering” as emerging career option. In case you are thinking about how to become a cloud engineer and what education is needed for the same, you can get in touch with AEC. Here, we have a dedicated team of professionals to help and guide you to choose the right career path to reach your goals with ease.
We help our students shortlist the universities and courses, admission and application process, visa assistance, financial aids and scholarships, pre-departure briefing, post-arrival assistance, and so on. We provide consultation for countries like the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, Japan, etc.
To know more about our services, give us a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 or simply connect with us by writing your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or book your FREE career counselling session.