AEC Education Private Limited
How Can We Help?

What are the different post-study stamps in Ireland?

< All Topics

Once the student completes their studies in Ireland, they may want to stay back for some time to find suitable job opportunities and gain invaluable work experience. If a student is enrolled as a full-time student and have an accredited degree along with the visa stamp 2, then they may qualify for the non-renewable extension of up to 2 years after the course and later they can apply for the green card (now known as the Critical Skills Employment Permit) or work permit (now called General Employment Permit).

Recently, the concerned authorities of Ireland have introduced a new visa stamp – Stamp 1G. It is granted to international students who are authorized to work under the 3rd level of the graduate scheme. It means if a student is granted this stamp, they do not need to separately apply for the visa extension.

Table of Contents
Scroll to Top