AEC Education Private Limited
How Can We Help?

What is the post-study option after a Ph.D. in the UK?

< All Topics

This country is known for providing an extensive range of research-intensive universities and colleges. It is one of the reasons why the UK is the best option for a Ph.D. study abroad. However, like any other study program, you will need a visa for this too. Ph.D. programs in the UK are a part of the country’s point-based tier-4 student visa system.

You will need this visa if you are coming from the country outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. This generally applies to various levels of studying i.e. undergrad, post-graduation, and Ph.D. For this visa, you need to apply within your native country before travelling and beginning your program in the UK. Once you get the visa, it will last for the duration equal to your degree.

When it comes to work opportunities, you can work part-time for 20 hours per week during terms. And as far as post-study options are concerned, you can avail of the benefits of the latest visa extension announcement which is 2 years after your studies.

Table of Contents
Scroll to Top