Why Study in Dubai?
A large number of Students from all corners of the world come to Study in Dubai. Want to know why? Dubai is increasingly becoming a popular Study Abroad Destination for international students due to its world-renowned universities, excellent educational infrastructure, and diverse job opportunities. It is the largest and one of the most populated cities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This Blog post explains what makes Studying in Dubai the perfect choice. Read this entire blog post on “Why Study in Dubai?” to get answers to all of your questions. Let’s find out!
Top Reasons to Study in Dubai
- High standards for education by the UAE government
- Dubai universities are constantly growing and evolving
- University graduates enjoy excellent career growth and prospects
- A vibrant cosmopolitan city
- Endless opportunities
- Many cultures in one location
- Explore all seven Emirates
- Many Study program options
Study in Dubai – Admission Intakes 2023
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
Fall Intake is the most popular Intake among International students. Ideally, you should apply at least 3-4 months before the admission intake.
Study in Dubai For Indian Students 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Let’s see the eligibility criteria for studying in Dubai in 2023:
- For undergraduate students:
- Latest IELTS/TOEFL English proficiency test scores.
- Minimum 12 years of school education with a minimum aggregate of 60% and above.
- Some universities may even mention a criteria of a minimum score of 65% aggregate.
- Some universities may exempt Students with a score above 75% from submitting IELTS scores.
- Some competitive universities may require you to appear for an EmSAT ((Emirates Standardized Test) exam for UG admissions.
- For postgraduate students:
- If you want to enroll for the Dubai branch of a foreign university to study, you will have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria of that university, similar to the same criteria set by the university in its own country.
- A minimum score of 60% and above in your undergraduate degree exam.
- Your English Proficiency tests TOEFL or IELTS scores have to be submitted.
- MBA aspirants have to submit relevant work experience of 2-4 years depending upon the program and the university he has applied to.
Study in Dubai For Indian Students 2023 – Admission process
A step-by-step admissions procedure for studying in Dubai 2023 is described below:
- First start with conducting in-depth research on the course, universities/colleges, eligibility requirements, and application deadlines of your preferred area of study. It’s no use moving forward in the application process until you have the accurate knowledge on these.
- Gather all your required paperwork such as:
- Your completed application form
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Your current passport copy
- GRE, SAT, ACT or GMAT, any other standardized test scores
- IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE, any other English proficiency test scores
- Letters of Recommendations (LORs) if any
- Statement of Purpose (SOPs)
- Receipts for Application fee
- The final step is to apply to your preferred choice of University in Dubai. Browse through the university website and understand the process to submit the application.
How to get a student visa to study in Dubai in 2023?
Before you start to Study in Dubai in 2023, International students have to acquire Student Visas for their study duration. Let’s see some key points about the Dubai Student Visa:
- The Student visa has a validity of 12 months. This has to be renewed each year before the expiry date, until your study program is finally over.
- In the UAE country, students are first issued a ‘Student Entry Permit’ and then finally a ‘Student Residence Visa’.
- To obtain a ‘Student Residence Visa’, International students have to first accept the Offer of Admission letter issued by their respective university. Next, in the next step, they have to fulfill all the academic conditions, whatever all are applicable, and also submit all the relevant financial papers.
- Upon their arrival in the UAE on an entry visa, International students have to undergo a medical and biometric testing, and if everything comes out perfect, they are finally issued the ‘Student Residence Visa.’
- The entire process upto issuing a ‘Student Residence Visa.’ usually takes around 15-20 working days.
- In case, if the student fails the medical and biometric testing, they are sent back to their original countries.
- Universities in Dubai also make it compulsory for students who are on a University Resident Student Visa to be covered by medical insurance during their entire study period.
Cost of studying in Dubai in 2023
The academic reputation of Dubai is on the rise and that’s good news for Indian Students. The Cost of studying in Dubai in 2023 is very much low as compared to other popular Study Abroad destinations such as the USA or UK.
|Course/Programs||Tuition Fees (approx.) (AED)|
|Undergraduate programs||37,500-70,000 AED per year (8,45,000 INR to 15,76,000 INR)|
|Postgraduate programs||55,000-75,000 AED per year (12,38,000 INR to 16,88,000 INR)|
|Student Visa Cost||Up to 3000 AED (67,500 INR)|
Cost of living in Dubai in 2023
|Type of Expenses||Costs (approx.)|
|Accommodation Costs||14,000-27,000 AED per year (3,15,000-6,00,000) INR per year)|
|Food Costs||Around 900 AED (20,200 INR per month)|
|Travel Costs||Metro- 2 AED (INR 45)- 1 zone
Taxi- 10 AED (Rs 225 roughly)-5 km
Study in Dubai 2023 – Scholarships Available
Let’s check the list of different kinds of scholarships available in Dubai.
- Government Scholarship
- David L. Boren Scholarships
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships
- College Scholarships
- Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowships
- The Marie Wright Scholarship for Non-Traditional Locations
- William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Scholarships
- William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
- HH Sheikh Hamdan Scholarships
- Financial Hardship Scholarship 2021
- The Indian High School Dubai Scholarships
- Outstanding Academic Excellence Scholarships
Best Universities in Dubai For Masters
There are a lot of Best Universities in Dubai for Masters. Let’s check them out:
|Universities||Average Tuition Fees (approx. in AED)|
|University of Dubai||2,300-330,000|
|Middlesex University, Dubai||43,400-55,700|
|Canadian University of Dubai (CUD)||61,000-66,150|
|Heriot-Watt University, Dubai||44,000-136,500|
|Zayed University, Dubai||84,000-128,000|
|Modul University, Dubai||40,370-161,480|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Varies dependent on the program|
Top courses to study in Dubai in 2023
- Business Administration
- Accounts & Finance
- Advertising, Public Relations & Media
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Global social science
Dubai is part of the largest and most populous metropolitan city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), located on the Persian Gulf. It is a truly global city, attracting students from all around the world. As Dubai is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, many multinational organizations such as Microsoft, Google, IBM, and HSBC have chosen to set up base here. Now, you may be aware of the bright career opportunities Dubai can bring into your life. Please like and share this blog. Drop a comment!
Read More- How much will the Cost of Studying for an MBA in DUBAI?