How Can We Help?

What is CAQ and procedure to get the same?

< All Topics

International students whose program or course in Quebec lasts above 6 months should be authorized to study by the MIDI (Ministère de l’Immigration and de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion). The Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec or Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) is needed for the most temporary overseas students and workers who intend to reside in the province of Quebec.

To get this certificate, you will need to fulfill certain conditions. You have to make studying your main activity and you need to maintain a valid hospitalization and health insurance for you and your family members who are accompanying you. Not complying with these could jeopardize the receiving/renewal of the CAQ and could prevent you from completing your studies.

The CAQ for higher studies is issued for a cycle or level of education and for a set time. If you are pursuing a master’s program, you will need to get a CAQ for the second cycle and further programs (PhD.), you will need the third cycle. Some students might not need to get a CAQ. Hence, it is suggested to check the exemption list to see whether you need CAQ or not.

Table of Contents
Scroll to Top